Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Have a Wonderful Day!!

To my mom --

While I have always loved you, this past year has made me so thankful to have you as my mom. Whether it is the early morning/late night phone calls or just the time we have together, I am thankful to have such a wonderful woman to follow after and learn from. I know that I can always count on you for support or advice and that you would be here anytime ... day or night. As much as you think I am like dad, I know there is alot of "you" there too.

I never once feared becoming a mother because you have taught me so much and instilled the great lessons of unconditional love and the idea of giving of yourself for your child. I know it has not been an easy road for you and that you have had bumps along the way. But, please know how PROUD I am that you have always picked yourself up and carried on. When some people would have given up, you kept fighting because you knew six little sets of eyes were upon you.

As we continue on this new road in our lives, I know that you will continue to love my child as your own. I know that he will grow up to be a strong and good man because he will always be surrounded by the love of his family. As the "mother" of our family, you have put us down the right path in life and for that, I am forever grateful.

I am sorry that I cannot be there with you today. Please know I am looking forward to the next weekend we have together. I love seeing you with Charlie and am so happy that I can share him with you. It is the least I can do for all that you have done for me!!

Happy Mother's Day 2009!!

No comments: