Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Little Fishy!

Charlie has been taking baths in the bathtub now for a couple of weeks. No longer is he confined to the "baby tub," but now he enjoys the plentiful space of our master bathroom tub. The first couple of baths he just sort of sat there and let me wipe him down, but with each new bath, he is gaining increasing confidence. Tonight, he took a step that I am not sure if I am ready for. He decided that it would be fun to try and "swim." He went from a seated position to his belly and tried to work his way to the other end of the tub to get the boat that was floating down there. Granted, I was sitting right there and he didn't go under or anything, but wow!! I couldn't believe that a 9-month old would really enjoy the water that much. I can pour small amounts of water down his face and he loves it. He will close his eyes and just blow the water away. His left arm really gets going on the water as he loves to splash! It is fun to watch his enjoy the water -- I just hope that he keeps enjoying it!!! Bathtime is much easier when he enjoys it!

No comments: