Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Updates!

For a brief moment, I thought maybe it would be necessary to go back on bed rest so that I could update friends and family with what is going on in our lives .... but, only for a brief moment!! I know that is something I NEVER want to go through again. So, here is my attempt to catch you all up ....

**Charlie is back home (where he belongs). After spending nearly a week with my parents, they returned him and it is great!! He had a fun week in IL with my family, but I think he is happy to be back home with us and back at Ms. Candi's house with all oh his little friends while Eric and I are gone during the day.

**My parents were out this past weekend. They brought Charlie home on Friday night and then spent the weekend with us. They were able to see my game vs. NMSU on Sunday afternoon before heading home. While they were successful at raising their 6 kids, they admitted that keeping Charlie was tiring :) Not as young as they used to be ... haha!

**We play our last non-confernce game tomorrow at home vs. Fairfield. We are currently 10-2 and will open conference play with Kansas State Saturday in Manhattan. They are one of 6 Big 12 teams to be ranked in the top 25 so what a great way to kick off the conference season!!

**My holiday clinic on New Year's Day was a great success! We had over 260 participants (nearly 100 more than last year). I got alot of great comments from parents so I am very happy!

**Charlie turns 9 months tomorrow ... check back for his monthly picture!!

**Eric's work has slowed with winter upon us .. keep your fingers crossed for limited snow. Snow means early mornings and late nights and we don't like those during bball season.

**Finally, we had a great Christmas holiday. Following an extended delay on my flight from LAX to Chicago Dec. 23/24th, I made it to IL to meet Eric and Charlie and celebrate with my family. We also trekked to Kentucky to spend a couple days with Eric's side. We were so excited to meet the newest member of our family ... Justin Harlan Capps. Our new nephew was born Dec. 14th ... very healthy and sweet baby!

No comments: