Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Rainy Monday

It is COLD and rainy out here today! Of course, the rain was a great noise to sleep too. It doesn't take much to get me to fall asleep right now, though, as it seems I sleep nearly 10 hours a night right now. They say this will pass with the onset of the second trimester -- we shall see :)

Anyway, a great night's sleep was interrupted early this morning with a "drip, drip." Eric was sound asleep and I knew that I was NOT hearing things. Sure enough ... a tiny hole in our window pane was leaking. Of course, Eric awoke and was mad as our house is brand new. As I investigated, I remember that I left the upstairs window open. I made my way upstairs into the FREEZING bedroom to find water all over the inside of the window (and carpet) ... it had come in and was dripping down the wall. As soon as I got it cleaned up and dried out, the dripping stopped. When I went back downstairs to tell Eric (who was still irked at the fact the window was leaking), he just looked at me as I explained what I had done. He wasn't mad, though, things happen and at least our house is not leaking for real!

My busy weekend turned into a busy week. We have officially made it through our first week of practice. Today is our off day -- we still work in the office though :) The team is looking good. We are still very young, but we have alot of talent. It should be a fun year!

Andy and Jen will be making their way out to KS next weekend ... yeah!! We are excited as they will be staying the ENTIRE week with us. Andy has to work in Kansas City so this has worked out great! They will be here for Halloween so we get to take Eli trick-or-treating. Also, I bought a few pumpkins this year. Having Eli here is a great excuse to carve jack-o-lanterns ... something I have not done in years!

FYI -- we are in week 8 of the pregnancy. So far everything seems to be going well. Besides staying tired and the daily occurrences of nausea, things are great! We head back to the doctor on Oct. 31st for our next check-up!

No comments: