Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekend at Home

John and I returned to BLM for a weekend home. I haven't been there since David and Angie's wedding in June and that was a BUSY weekend so we took some time and headed home for a few days. We had a great time at home as the whole family (minus Eric, who had to stay behind in KS to work) was back in BLM. We didn't really "do" much, but it was fun to spend time chit-chatting and catching up in person!

John and I got home late Thursday night. Theresa and I decided to head over to Washington then on Friday and spend some time with mom at school. It was Homecoming and she was able to get out of school early so we shopped around Washington and then headed home to BLM for the evening. A few of us went out to dinner at Grady's Pizza on Friday and then just rested at home on Friday night.

Saturday brought Teddy and Lindsay's arrival from Chicago. The girls all headed over to Angie and David's house where there was a Pampered Chef party going on. I, of course, bought a few things. Alisa is now a PC rep and is willing to host parties for anyone who wants to have one!

We just jetted around town then with the girls shopping and having a good time before heading home for a home cooked meal. Lindsay, Alisa and Angie treated the family to spaghetti night! I think it is safe to say that Lindsay "drank" most of her dinner! Thanks to John, poor Lindsay drank more Vodka than she thought! She fell asleep a bit earlier than the rest of us ....

Following breakfast on Sunday morning, John and I hit the road for home back to KS. It wasn't too bad of a drive and I am glad that we got the new tires on John's truck as we hit some good rain on the way home. It would have slowed us down quite a bit, but we were able to truck on through. Poor kid, though .... as we pulled into KC, a loud noise started to happen. It appears that a pipe has broke loose from his exhaust and now it sounds like a monster truck! He will have to get that fixed this week sometime :(

It was a fun weekend, though, and I am glad that I got to see everyone. I wish that Eric could have made the trip with us, but I know all weekends count when weather plays a large factor around your job. He will have more chances :)

No comments: