Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!

So, all the excitement that came about from our game against Nebraska (See Think Pink game) is COMPLETELY gone! Since then, we have dropped our last 3 games (Missouri, Texas Tech and Texas). There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why we lost to any of these teams, except for the fact that all three teams wanted a win more than us. I don't get it!?!? We put ourselves in a position where we could make the NCAA tournament, something that has not been done in quite a few years. It's as if our players just expect that it will happen without doing the work that is needed .... well, unfortunately, it won't happen now unless we WIN the Big12 Tournament. To do that, we have to beat out 5 ranked teams. It is so incredibly frustrating, that is all I can say!

On a happier note, I went to the doctor again yesterday. We have hit the third trimester and all still looks good. We are set for a late May birth, but will have another ultrasound somewhere around May 1 to decide if that will stick. I think that it will be earlier :) Still feeling good, but I will say that this season has taken a toll on me and that I am exhausted at night. My "cankles" have had enough too! But, I guess that if that is all I have to deal with, then I am doing pretty good.

My sister, Theresa, will be coming for a visit. She is going to fly out to Kansas the weekend of March 14th to visit for a few days. While she is here, I am hoping to get some work done on the nursery and to complete baby registries. We will be going to KY the weekend of April 3rd for a shower and then to IL the weekend of April 19th for another one. I have been advised not to travel at all in May since we aren't sure if this little one will make an "early" arrival.

Well, wish us luck in the remainder of the season. We go to Iowa State this weekend for a Saturday game and then return home for a Wednesday game against K-State. It will be two very tough games for us, but both are winnable if our team decided to show up and play with some pride ... at this point, I just don't know!

No comments: