Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Busy, Busy ...

Things have stayed busy, but things are good. Eric, Charlie and I traveled to St. Louis this past weekend with the basketball team as we had a game on Sunday. I must say that Charlie did AWESOME on the bus ride. I was a little nervous because I have a hard time sleeping on bus trips so I wasn't sure how a 7-month old would react for a 4 hour trip each way. He was great though. He did almost lose it at the end of the ride. We were about an hour from home when some of the kids behind us starting getting loud. They, of course, woke him up from a sound sleep (it was about 10:45 pm) and he could not get back to sleep. He was so tired and it was just not working with all the talking. Luckily, it was quieter and darker up where our head coach sits so I sat with her for a little while. Still unable to go to sleep, I elected to try and fix a bottle for him. Bonnie volunteered to hold Charlie while I was making the bottle and sure enough, the little guy fell asleep in her arms. He slept the rest of the way home with Bonnie :) It was a fun weekend ... we got the win and my parents and sister were able to be there as well.

We are going to be staying in Kansas for Thanksgiving this year. We have practice each day this week so we are going to plan on celebrating the holiday at our head coaches house after practice on Thursday. We play this weekend at home so we are not traveling, but we still have to be in town for practice.

Some Charlie news ... it looks like he is getting his first tooth. It has just cut through on the bottom gum and it is SHARP!! He keeps rubbing his tongue over it and I think he is trying to figure out what it is, but I think we finally have one. I expected it to come in much earlier, but guess we had to wait 7.5 months, which is fine as he is growing much too fast for me as it is!

No comments: