Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Great Day

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUMPY! My dad is 60 years old today :) I was the first to call this morning with birthday wishes at 5:22 am .... YEAH!

Second, our team played on ESPN today at 11 am against Iowa. We got the win and we looked great! We have made some great progress already this year so let's keep the ball rolling. Next game is Sunday at St. Louis.

Back to dad -- Charlie and I spent the weekend in IL with my family. Saturday morning we flew back to Chicago and met up with my sister-in-law, Lindsay, to head down to Bloomington. Once we got into town, we surprised my dad at lunch. He had no idea we were coming! That evening we had a small family celebration for my dad's 60th birthday (which is actually today). Then on Sunday, following breakfast, Charlie and I said "good-bye" and my dad thought that was it. He went on about his day working with the other boys (my brothers). Little did he know that my sister, mom and sister-in-laws were preparing for a surprise party! Over 60 of dad's family and friends joined in the celebration and I can honestly say that we did it ... he had no idea! It was a great afternoon and I am glad that we were able to pull off the secret!

Later that night, Charlie and I did head back to Chicago with Teddy and Lindsay in anticipation of our early morning flight Monday. It was a quick weekend, but well worth the trip!

No comments: