Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dr. Bob

Today I attended a Memorial Service for Dr. Bob Frederick. Dr. Bob was my graduate school advisor at KU and was the former athletic director at KU and Illinois State (in my hometown). Throughout the past 5 years, I have had the privilege of getting to know him better, both in the classroom and through other functions. I can honestly say that he was a great man. Never did he have a bad word to say about others. He took great pride in his work as a teacher and was a tremendous influence to his students. He left his mark on the world and nearly 1,500 people came out to pay their respects to this great man.

I feel priviliged to have known him. He left this world a better place and for that I am grateful. I hope that I continue to practice the lessons that he taught me ... be good to ALL that you meet. You never know the impact you will have on those people. From the most important person to the least known, all should be treated the same -- with great respect. Never compromise your values for something you don't believe in. Live life to the fullest -- you never get a hint about when you time on earth is gone.

Dr. Bob was one of the healthiest 69 year old men I have ever met. I tragic bicycling accident claimed his life late Friday. He was wearing a helmet, but even it was not enough to protect him from a fall from what he loved to do best.

Rest in Peace, Dr. Bob ..... you have left the world a better place!

No comments: