Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Walking Man!

Charlie took his first REAL steps today. He has been making his way around for last couple of months, but today he took off from my hands into Eric's and got so excited when we cheered him on in his first steps. He was so happy that he turned around and walked right back to Eric! While he is not going by himself all the time, it is just around the corner.

In other news, camp is starting on Thursday. I will admit that I am not AS stressed as I usually am this time of year. I look back at last year ... Charlie had just been born, I was on "maternity leave," and still planning/running camps. Last year was way more stressful than this year so far! Keeping my fingers crossed that smooth sailing continues .....

Funny story of the day .... I picked Charlie up last night from the babysitter's house. When I arrived, Candi told me that she thinks Charlie may have bit another of the kids -- a 2 year old boy named Finn. She noticed a couple of bruises on Finn's ear while they were out for their morning walk. She asked Finn what happened to his hear and Finn replied, "Charlie bit me." She had not seen Charlie bite him and did not remember Finn crying out at any point that morning. She waited awhile longer and asked him again what happened to his ear and again, Finn replied "Charlie bit me." Of course, I felt horrible. Charlie has chomped down on my finger a couple of times, but only because I stuck my finger in his mouth to check his teeth. I really couldn't believe that he had done it. When I asked him if he bit Finn, he just looked at me and smiled ... ughhh. So, home we went. As I was pulling into the driveway, Candi called and said that she had showed the alleged bite marks to Finn's dad when he was picked up after we left. Candi explained what happened and apologized that Finn was hurt in her care. Finn's dad started laughing and told her that Finn had hurt his ear at the playground yesterday!!!! Candi told Finn's dad that he had blamed Finn for the injury and he informed Candi that Finn has been blaming Charlie for alot of things lately (even when he is not around!!!!) Poor Monkey man ..... he gets the bad wrap all the time!

No comments: