Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, September 24, 2007

It seems like only yesterday ....

So, my birthday was yesterday ... yes, I am now 28! I know it doesn't sound old, but it seems like just yesterday I was 21-22 and enjoying all the perks of college at WKU. We would stay out late at night and waste the weekends away (out of bball season, of course). Now, it is all I can do to stay up past 10:30 pm and I find myself doing chores on the weekends (cleaning, yard work, errands, etc). I have officially hit adulthood!

My birthday weekend was fun. Not too crazy, but it was enjoyable. Eric's mom, Eva, came to visit so I was able to spend some time with her. I took her for her first mani/pedi and got her make-up done professionally. I think that she had a great time and we were glad to have her come visit. It was the first time we have had anyone come stay at the new house! I also got a few phone calls from family wishing me happy birthday ... I think that they award for the cutest message goes to my nephew, Eli. I am going to save that one for awhile!

I will be heading to IL this weekend for this first time since June. Eric will not be able to go with me because of work, but John and I will be heading back to BN on Thursday night. I am looking forward to a nice weekend at home in IL with my family! It should be fun ... I just wish Eric could go :( I know that he needs to make these weekends count as Fall has now arrived and there is no telling how long the weather will cooperate.

No comments: