Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Cold weather & ICE!

It is that time of year ... the temps have dropped and the weather is getting nasty! Over the weekend, we had our share of ice, snow and sleet. Overall, though, it wasn't too bad. Eric did have to go into work at 5:00 am on Sunday morning to get crews out to clear parking lots and sidewalks, but it hasn't been that bad. We are expected to get more storms in tonight through Wednesday morning. These are expected to be much worse so keep your fingers crossed for us!

Ice storms always remind me of when I was younger. I can't remember what year it was, but I remember waking up on Valentine's day (yes, February) and seeing EVERYTHING covered in ice. It was crazy. You could walk on top of the snow as it was frozen hard. I remember the trees in my parent's backyard -- split right down the middle. Several of them were killed or took years to come back because of that one singe storm. We were out of school for a few days because the power was out in several areas and the roads were too slick to drive on.

Let's hope that is not the case this week. There is too much to do ... although, I wouldn't complain too much if we had a snow day! I haven't had one of those in a REALLY long time :)

No comments: