Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Colds & Puppy help!

I must say that I hate them in general, but they are even worse when you are pregnant because you can't take much for them....Robitussin and some cough drops! I woke up Saturday with a major cold. I could feel it starting to come on Friday night as we went to dinner and by Saturday night/Sunday morning, it has ATTACKED! Saturday wasn't too bad, but by Sunday, it was HORRIBLE. I coughed and coughed .... after sleeping on Sunday (following our game), I felt much better yesterday, but then woke this morning with the crud again. I am able to function throughout the day (with a few coughs), but it is night time that is killing me right now. I am avoiding meds as much as possible, but I have given in at night because otherwise, I can't sleep!

So, I plan to head home tonight and crash .... or at least try to. I will stay with the meds till I can function again. I will say, though, that I sound alot worse than I actually am. Everyone who talks to me tells me that I sound horrible -- lovely, I know.

On a happier note, I was able to get most of the Christmas gifts wrapped last night that we have bought so far. I took me longer than expected because my furry sidekick didn't quite understand the idea that he had to get OFF the wrapping paper before I could wrap the gift. I would literally roll the paper out to measure for cutting and he would make his way onto it and sit. I should have just wrapped him up! I probably ruined at least 10 ft. of paper and 20 ft. of ribbon with him in the room.

Also, if anyone is looking to get Huey a gift this year, please buy him Blue's Clues brother set. We had a furry Blue that was purchased for our Salvation Army family and he could not get enough. He loved the feel of it (it was soft and furry) ... I had to hide it from him because he kept wanting to sniff and lick it. It was crazy ... he went bonkers over this thing! I made Eric remove him from the room because he was so infatuated with this thing. He also loved the spool of curling ribbon ... he looked like a cat trying to reach for it with his paw ... but unlike a cat, he tried to eat the ribbon. He also loved when I finished off a roll of wrapping paper and all that was left was the cardboard tube ... it was soon turned into shreds and he feasted on it.

From now on, I will be wrapping somewhere he can't find me. He is really the nosiest thing and it can be a pain. I am just praying that all of our presents remain in tact under the tree and that he doesn't open them. I would not put it past him one bit ... especially if he is looking for Blue!

No comments: