Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Crazy Month!

I have been all over the place the past few weeks ... out to California and back, then to IL through a snow storm and then down to KY to see family and friends for Christmas. Finally, I am back at home and back to work here is KS. We played our first game since the Christmas break today and got another WIN! We are 10-2 with one more game before the conference season :)

Following our games in California, Eric and I traveled through a horrific snowstorm to get home to IL to be with my side of the family for Christmas. We made it safely and were so glad that we were able to see everyone. We were only there for a couple of days, but it was great being "home" and seeing everyone. Here are a few pics of the events from Christmas with the Wulfs.

Eric really got into the spirit ... he loved his new boots and shop vac!

Check out all the presents! My mom does an awesome job of decorating for the holidays!

After dinner and opening gifts with my family on Christmas Eve, we packed our bags, said good-bye and headed for Kentucky. Eric's family has always opened gifts on Christmas morning so we are able to celebrate with all of them as well. We made it into Bowling Green shortly after 1 am on Christmas morning so we made GREAT time! We were exhausted, though, and headed straight to bed. Eli, our 2-year old nephew, was awake early on Christmas morning and ready for presents. Jennifer, his mom, had to remind him that Santa had come ... Eli was more concerned that Uncle Eric had come. He went to the front door to make sure Uncle Eric's car was in the driveway and then headed to the bedroom to find him before going to see what Santa had left for him. We spent Christmas morning watching Eli open all of the presents from Santa. It was fun as it he starting to "get it" more that there is a Santa!

Uncle Eric and Eli in the new tee-pee that Santa brought!

Later in the morning, we packed up yet again and headed to Eric's mom's house in Russellville, KY. We WAITED forever for Andy, Jennifer and Eli to arrive so that we could open presents that we bought for one another. It was nearly 3 pm before they got there!! I am not one who likes to wait around to open presents on Christmas ... I am going to be like my parents and let my kids open on Christmas Eve :) We finally opened presents and got some really cool gifts.

This was the first year that I did not have to be back in KS until the 27th so we were able to stay an extra day and have more friends over to celebrate. Our good friends -- the Bibbs and the Moores -- all came to see us on the 26th and we were able to catch up and play with the kiddies (the Bibbs have a one year old, Lily, and the Moores have a three year old, Paul). C-Moore, one of Eric's fraternity brother, is an awesome musician. He brought his guitar over and we all sat around in the living room (like old times) and listened to him sing. The cool thing this year is that there was little ones (Eli, Paul and Lily) all jamming along. It was very special. I couldn't help but think how next year at this time, Eric and I would have one of our own to watch and enjoy!

Because of all the traveling that we were doing that week, we decide to leave Huey with my parents. I trust that he is in good hands and that they are giving him lots of love and attention. My brother (and tenant) John is at home with my parents right now, so I trust that he is helping to make sure that Huey is taken care of. I do miss the Big H and am ready for his return. John is supposed to return to KS on Jan. 3rd so Huey will be coming with him! I can only imagine the excitement that he will have to be back at home :) He loves car rides, but hates being left. It will take a day or two for him to stop being mad at Eric and I, but I am sure that we can help him get over it. He can't stay mad at us for long ...

No comments: