Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The McCaslands are State-Bound!

I talked with my good friend, Kelly, this morning on my way to the gym. It was about 5:30 am our time, which meant 8:30 pm Japan time. They have been living in Japan for nearly 18 months (since June 2006) and have just found out that they will be returning to the States (for good) on Jan. 31st! I know they are very excited to finally be coming "home."

Evan and Kelly have had an awesome experience and have taken full advantage of the opportunity to travel and really engage in the new culture. If any of our friends could take on something like this, I knew Evan and Kelly would be the ones to make the most of it! They have done a great deal of traveling and have really taken time to see that side of the world.

I know they are anxious to finally be coming home (to the South) where they belong. Kelly will probably return in mid-January so that she can start her graduate degree classes back up and then Evan will follow at the end of the month. Kelly has been volunteering alot and has been teaching English. Evan works for Nissan as an engineer so he will continue his work back in TN upon their return home. They will also be looking for a new home ... I know this has been a great stressor to them, but I am confident they will find what they BOTH love.

Please pray for Evan and Kelly as they come to the end of their adventure. They will spend Christmas this year in Japan as they are coming home for good so soon after the holidays. There will be lots going on in their lives and we are all hoping for a smooth (and safe) transition home. Eric and I are most excited because they have PROMISED to come visit us in Kansas this winter/early spring. Kelly and I plan to be sitting on the rocking chairs (on the front porch) drinking hot chocolate this winter catching up on all that has been going on!

No comments: