Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Relaxing weekend

I can honestly say that I had a relaxing weekend. It was the first time in a VERY long time, that I found myself taking a nap and cleaning the house. Although we had a game yesterday, there wasn't a whole lot else going on in town so I was able to just sit at home and do nothing on Saturday. Eric was gone the entire weekend to KY so I was on my own, and let me tell you, I enjoyed it! It was quiet and relaxing :)

On Friday night, we had practice till about 6:00 pm and then there was a men's home basketball game. I stayed till about halftime and realized I was tired of watching basketball and was ready to go home. So I headed for the house and quickly fell asleep when I laid down. We had practice then on Saturday morning (9 am - Noon) and then I was done for the day. I headed home and got comfy on the couch. I fell asleep, which was wonderful! After getting up, I realized that our house was quite dusty and dirty and our poor dog stunk! So, I headed to the bathroom to wash Huey. This was his first time getting a bath in the new house and it went rather smoothly. After the bath, I kept on going and managed to get most of the house dusted, vacuumed and organized. John even helped with some dishes!!

On Sunday, then, we had our first "real" game of the year. We played Hartford and won! This was a quality win for us as they have appeared in the NCAA tournament the last few years. So, that will make for a happy coaching staff for a few days :) Our game was at 1:00 pm yesterday so I still had time to come home and relax before it was really time to go to sleep. All in all, it was a good weekend.

Eric made it home about 11: 30 pm last night and was sound asleep before his head even hit the pillow. Must have been a productive homecoming weekend at Western!

No comments: