Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day :)

Right before heading to bed on my first Mother's Day with Charlie!!

Thanks to all who called/text or was here to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day." We had Eric's family in this weekend (Mom, Brother-Andy, Sister in law- Jennifer and nephew-Eli) in for the weekend so we were able to spend some quality time together. This was their first visit to meet Charlie, too!! Cousin Eli was very excited to meet Charlie "stinky-feet" Capps!!


I am happy to have spent my first Mother's Day with family. It has been a whirlwind month, but things are great. We have a healthy little boy who is VERY loved by our family and friends. We look forward to welcoming them all to our home over the next few weeks/months now that Charlie is home from the hospital.

I could not end this post without wishing my own mom a happy mother's day!! I am sure that she will read this so I will simply say "thank you!!" You are a tremendous woman and I am so blessed to have you as my mom. I know there were times growing up when I was not the easiest to get along with, but I have learned so much from you and can only hope that I will be as good a mom to Charlie as you have been to me. I hope that you enjoyed your day back home in IL ... we look forward to seeing you again soon so that you love all over Charlie (and then ball your eyes out when you have to leave him ;) I cannot explain the feelings of happiness that I have when I see you (and Bumpy too) hold my little guy! I love that I have been able to give you a grandbaby and look forward to all the times we will share in the future together.



1 comment:

Chili said...

He is adorable!!! Congratulations!!!