Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Six Weeks!!

Hard to believe that today marks six weeks since Charlie made his arrival!! Even harder to believe is that our original "due date" is not until Monday!!! He is doing great though and continues to grow. I had to go to my doctor this morning for my 6 week check up and, of course, all of the women in the office were loving all over Charlie. He got passed from nurse to nurse and then some of the doctors even took hold of him. While we were there, my doctor wanted to weigh Charlie to see how big he was since it has been 2 weeks since we have been to his doctor. He weighed in at 7 lbs, 7 ozs .... now 3 pounds bigger than his starting weight :) We actually go to the pediatrician in the morning for his 6-week check up.

I seem to be doing really well too. Everything is pretty much back to normal with the exception of my blood pressure. It has continued to stay elevated from the HELLP syndrome. My doctor is still a little bit concerned at this point that is has not gone back down. Some people take longer for their levels to go back down, while others recover in a matter of days. I feel great though, I just need to get the BP down so that I can get off the meds. I have been instructed to check it on my own and call my levels in for the next few weeks. If we don't see some progress, then we will have to look at seeing a cardiologist :( I have been able to start my workouts back up so hopefully this helps in getting the levels down.

No comments: