Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Official!!

I am D-O-N-E with summer camps ... YEAH!!!! Camp ended yesterday at noon. Things went really well, but I am glad to have them all over. Now I can stay at home and enjoy my last two weeks of maternity leave with Charlie. We will be home all next week and then head out the following week for the Carolinas where we will be seeing all of Eric's family in addition to some of our friends from college. I am very EXCITED!!

My parents left early this morning to head back to IL. They were out again for the past week helping with Charlie and running the camp store. It was great to have them out so much this summer. They were able to spend so much time with Charlie. It is hard being so far away from everyone, but we are blessed that they will travel and see us. I was talking with my mom how there really hasn't been a weekend of no visitors this summer. Eric's family has been able to come a few times, my parents have been here several times; my brother Bobby and his fiance Alisa have come; and my sister, Theresa has been here. It really has been awesome!! As hectic as it may get, I would much rather have them come then to stay away. I really want Charlie to know his family!!

In other news, I received a call this morning from my sister-in-law, Jennifer. She is married to Eric's brother, Andy. Jennifer is pregnant with her second child and is due in December -- right around Christmas. It looks like we are going to have another boy join the clan!! She had an ultrasound this morning and Eli is going to have a baby brother :)

It is nice a quiet here in the house this morning. Charlie is sleeping beside me on his boppy. He woke about 7:30 am and took a bottle and has since gone back to sleep. I am going to do a few things while he sleeps to get ready for our visitors tonight!! Evan and Kelly -- our good friends from college are flying in tonight and will be here for the weekend. They currently live in middle TN, but spent nearly two years in Japan as Evan worked as an engineer for Nissan. They returned home right before Christmas and are settling back into a new home. We are so excited to see them!! It should be a really fun weekend :)

No comments: