Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great Weekend!!

We really didn't get alot accomplished this weekend, and it was GREAT! I was up bright and early yesterday morning so that I could get some shopping done on my own. I went before the boys were up and was able to hit a HUGE consignment sale, Sam's Club, Kohl's and the mall. I will say, the ladies at the consignment sale don't mess around. I had never really been to one of these, man 'o man, these women weren't messing around. They had their bags, laundry baskets and buddies with them to haul their findings. No strollers were allowed and for GOOD reason. I found a couple of toys and some books, but missed the big deals as I didn't realize I needed to be there before the doors opened. Now I know! (Although I don't think that I need anything that badly -- they are still fun :)

When I got home, we just sort of hung out at home for the remainder of the day. I did finally get Eric to the tuxedo place to be fitted for his tux for Bobby's wedding. Was supposed to have this done in April .... only 4 months late! It is done though and I will call his measurements in tomorrow morning. We then stopped and got some groceries before heading home and grilling up.

Today then, Eric had planned to work out in the yard for a good part of the day while I hung out with Charlie and cleaned indoor. Well, after about 3 swipe of the yard, I heard a big boom and saw black smoke from the side of the house. Upon making my way over, I found Eric just sick to his stomach. The riding mower that David had let us borrow was DEAD!! Eric said the engine had blown and he felt horrible as it isn't even ours. He let it cool down, while he push mowed the rest of the side/front yard. Once he was able to get a look at the engine, he was right, there was a hole about the size of a quarter in the side of the engine. He was going to talk with some of his mechanic buddies about getting a new engine, but the mower itself is over 25 years old so we might see what David thinks before spending the money to get this one running again.

Since his time was limited to the mowing, Eric and I spent some time out with the neighbors before both coming inside to clean. The house was not bad at all, we just keep getting more "stuff" now that Charlie is here. We are trying to keep everything (beside the "entertaining toys") out of the living room, so I spent time putting things away and back where they go. The house is once again looking presentable so we made progress. We have found that now that we are back at work that things like cleaning can wait on the weekends as that is our time with Charlie. We want to enjoy him and spend as much time playing with him and snuggling so those "other" things can wait till he is napping or has gone to bed for the day.

Tomorrow brings about another week. Not too much planned as far as big deals, so it should be pretty easy going. Here is another pic of Charlie ...... Hope all had a great weekend!

No comments: