Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Long Day ...

Before I really even talked with anyone today, I got a text message from my older brother that read "jerk." I guess it was deserved as I kept a secret and lead him to believe that he would be flying to see me today and play in our golf tournament this afternoon. Instead, his wife had planned a "big day" for him in Chicago to celebrate his 30th birthday. He was able to have breakfast with all the family (except me) and then golf with the boys and finally had a surprise party at his home later in the day. I hope that he is not too mad at me, I am just REALLY good at keeping secrets like that!!

Later in the morning, I headed to the golf course where I spent the remainder helping with our booster club golf tournament. We had 58 teams in the tournament, which was a great showing. Eric kept Charlie throughout the day while I helped out at the course. Following the dinner at the golf course, I headed home and spent some time with little man before putting him down for bed. He went down just in time for me to catch Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal -- all I can say is "WOW!!" I love watching this guy swim and have really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. He is a great Olympian!!!

Tomorrow, Rebecca is coming to take pics of Charlie at 4 months. She has a really cool way of working with him so I am excited. I am pretty tired and am ready for bed. This is the last weekend before school starts out here so I am trying to enjoy it. Not hard to do when Charlie and Eric are around :)

No comments: