Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Time to Slow Down ...

Eric and I have been on the go the past few weeks. We spent time in NC and SC for a week, then returned home to work for a few days and then headed back to IL this past weekend to help throw a couple of wedding showers. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I am worn out and ready for a couple days of peace and quiet. This weekend, though, we have the Hardwood Club (bball booster club) Golf Tournament, so I will be busy meeting and greeting all day on Saturday. Then on Sunday, Rebecca is coming to take pictures of Charlie .... that will be fun though!

Things should be pretty quiet this week. School has not started at KU yet so we don't have to worry with players here and several of the other coaches are out of the office this week so the days are pretty quiet. I have pretty much caught up at work now so I am not too stressed there. The biggest thing is getting camp wrapped up and putting together the fall schedule so that will take some time. Nothing too crazy, though!

We had thought about returning to KY for Labor Day weekend, but I don't think that we are going to make the trip. With all that we have done the past few weeks and the fact that it is our anniversary weekend, I think that we are going to take advantage of the long weekend and get some things done around the house and just relax. I think that we are actually planning to have a date night that weekend as well. We always said that we would not be one of those couples who stay home all the time after their child is born. We don't stay home, but we do take Charlie when we go. We LOVE being with him and don't feel like we have missed out on anything this summer. We are going to take some time for ourselves though and have someone spend the evening with Charlie so that we can have some "us" time, which I think will be good for both Eric and I.

Well, I am headed off to bed. We have been going through bags and trying to get the house picked up tonight. We are both tired so we have pretty much called it quits and are headed to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I live in Eudora and am 16. I would be interested in babysitting. I go to all of the KU Women's games, and was at camp this summer.