Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Getting the hang of it...

So today Eric and I met with a mortgage lender to discuss finances for our next new home. We put our current house on the market this week and hope to find a buyer relatively soon. We really like our current house (great open floor plan, nice location and friendly neighbors), but we are starting to feel a bit cramped. I find it overwhelming all of the money plans that exist out there, but I am confident that we will find a house that we LOVE and can live in the next few years. We aren't looking for the dream house yet, but we do need more space!

My youngest brother, John, moved in with us recently as well, so we have added another being and all his belongings. We are happy to have him though and look forward to seeing him attend KU. It has been a dream of his so we are happy to help make it happen. He is just working right now (trying to save $$) and then will start school in mid-August.

John returns from work tonight. Eric got him on a crew through his company, so he leaves on Monday mornings and works out of town all week and then comes back on Friday afternoon. We have to run to the airport later on this evening to pick up a visitor and then we are headed for a pre-birthday dinner at Outback...It is Eric's birthday weekend starting today (birthday is Sunday). Make sure to give him a call if you can remember!

Last thing before I sign off for the day -- I know that some of you may think I am a dork for doing this, but I don't care. My whole goal is to keep you all in the loop since catching one another on the phone seems to get harder and harder. Make sure and check in with me and help me keep this going. I am serious about sending pics and news notes as I would love to keep everyone informed about our lives and our family.

1 comment:

Linz Wulf said...

Katie, you are such a technological inspiration to us all. I love the blog idea...even though T-dub thinks you are a dork for it, he'll be checking it all the time. The blog page looks like a scrapbook - outstanding. You guys have a great weekend with your visitor. Good luck with Jr. Jayhawk and see you Friday!!