Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Crazy Week!


Since my last entry, Eric and I have been on a whirlwind. We went to Chicago last weekend and while we were there, we sold our house! We got to the Windy City on Friday and by Sunday the documents were all signed that was it. We got home to Lawrence on Monday and started looking for a new place to live immediately. Couple house searching with the last week of my graduate class and it was a LONG week (to say the least). We got a great deal from the buyer of our current house, but the condition was that we had to be out last night by 5:00 pm. Eric, John and I worked pretty much all weekend and made it by about 1 hr.

We have found a new house in Eudora, Kansas, and will move in on Thursday. We actually have had our eye on this house for about a month, but never got serious with it as we had to sell our current house. Well, it sold so quickly that we were able to jump on it and get a great deal as it is a buyer's market. We looked at several houses here in Lawrence, but we just kept coming back to this place in Eudora. My commute to work with have an extra 4-5 minutes each day, but I am not worried as I really like the new place. It is brand new ... 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and an unfinished basement. We are really excited =)


We will close on the new house on Thursday. We are staying with our friend, Joe, this week until we can get in the new place. Poor Huey has been so confused with the move. I finally called our vet's office today and took him over there to be boarded for the rest of the week. He hasn't eaten in over 2 days. I hated having to do it, but he is just so anxious right now and would not just calm down and relax. Eric and I will go see him daily while so that we can walk and play with him. He will get to come to the new house then on Thursday!!

No comments: