Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Making it!

Well, almost a week since we got the news about full-time bedrest ... I am still alive!! I have had a "few moments" but I think I am doing pretty good. (Eric might have another opinion, though!) Anyway, I am feeling good. Not alot has changed, which is a good thing. Changes usually mean we are getting worse so I am just trying to lay low and keep busy at home. All I can say, is thank goodness for technology. I couldn't imagine not having my cell phone and laptop and trying to make it through this!

My parents were out this weekend. My mom brought the "diaper cake" that she wanted to make for my shower. Since I won't be having them, she went ahead and brought it early for me so that I had something "baby." It is very cute!!! She did an awesome job! I am neither creative, nor patient enough to put something together like that. Imagine wedding cake meets diapers and baby toys. I took some pics the other night of it so I will get them downloaded so you all can see how cool it is. I really don't want to "use" it as it is so cute. I think that I will leave it together for as long as I can until I "need" the 140+ diapers that it is made of. Thanks mom (and Cindy and Sue)!!

Not much else going on. I was able to leave the house today for a dentist appointment. Because it was just a "cleaning" my doctor told me I could go as long as I returned straight home following the appt. It was so nice to get out of the house and drive my car!! We will go to the baby doctor each Wednesday from here on out so I will have weekly updates then. One week at a time, but we are still shooting for April 23rd as the "goal."

1 comment:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I am not creative either!!!! :)

Following your story closely. You know me, I'm praying! I'm so glad we've reconnected. It'll be fun to see our little ones grow up about the same age.