Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Resting!!!

So, we got our first "bad" news of the pregnancy yesterday. According to my doctor, I am borderline toxemia right now and have a limited amount of time to get this turned around and hopefully avoid permanent bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. I have been experiencing quite a bit of swelling in my legs and feet as well as elevated blood pressure, but really thought nothing of it as I have been working ALOT over the past few months (ok, the whole pregnancy).

I have always been wrapped up in what I do and usually can make it all work. However, this little one has put his foot down and is demanding to rest. Bottom line -- I have to slow down....my body (and baby) can't quite keep up this time. Dr. gave me quite a scare as she told me that I am on course to go into premature labor and could give birth in a matter of a couple of weeks from now if I am not careful. Well, we all know that would not be in the best interest of this child, so we are going to slow down and take it easy for the remainder of the pregnancy. I have 10 weeks left to go, but she told me that if I can make it six more weeks, than we are in good shape.

So, I have rested for the past few days and I feel 100% better right now than I did 36 hrs ago. Yes, I was tired, I will admit it. But, it is post-season and there just isn't time to slow down now. But, in really thinking about, it is not about me anymore and I don't have a choice!! I spent the majority of yesterday and all of today on my back .. just lying around and doing nothing. I am bored out of my mind already :) But, it is for the best so I will OK.

No comments: