Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

How time flies ...

So this time last week, I was in a hospital bed waiting for Charlie to arrive (not to mention my parents and Eric' mom). I had been in the hospital since the night before and was not in pain at this point ... just waiting and trying to keep my blood pressure down. It would be another 13 hours before Charlie would make his arrival into the world. As much pain as I went through to get him here, I have decided that I would do it all over again after holding this little guy :)

Now, Eric and I are home and our little boy is in the NICU in Kansas City. I cannot explain the emotions I have felt over the last week. I have had my shares of laughs and cries, but everytime I go into his room and see him lying there, my heart overflows with love. I am REALLY ready for him to come home ... I just don't feel complete yet. It doesn't feel like we can move on and start life with him until he can come home with us. Unlike bedrest, though, where the days were so slow in passing, time has flown as Charlie will be a week old tomorrow!!

We did make progress on the nursery last night. We got his crib put together and got the room cleaned up. I really thought I would have more time and be able to do this over the next month or so. We had planned to do things a little here and a little there, but Charlie came alot faster than we thought. So, we are sort of scrambling to get things done. We have learned though through all of this that it will all get done. Even without having baby showers and going through all of the customary pre-baby festivities, we are getting ready for his arrival home. We just hope it is sooner rather than later!!

No comments: