Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome Home Charlie!!

Charlie is HOME!!! Eric and I were able to bring Charlie home on Saturday afternoon. We were supposed to be out of the hospital around noon on Saturday, but because the doctors were taking a little longer than necessary to make their rounds so it was later in the day before we got to escape. Eric was becoming very annoyed with the whole situation as he was ready to go. I, on the other hand, was fine as I knew that we were so close to our leaving ... I was just happy to be getting him out of the NICU.

Things have been going great. Because he is three weeks old, it has almost been easier I think because he is already on a "schedule." I guess we are lucky .... we'll see how long it lasts!! He is pretty much asleep all day/night, but wakes every three hours to eat. He is taking nearly 2 ozs of food now each time he eats so he is doing great. We have had to wake him a few times to eat, but usually wakes 10-15 minutes before he is supposed to eat. Just enough time to get him up and change him so that he can go right back to sleep after he finishes eating.

Most of the time he falls right back to sleep after he eats, but he decided to stay awake this morning after his 5 am feeding. I was up with him so of course I took advantage of him being awake to cuddle for awhile. Of course, he fell right to sleep when I laid him on my chest (guess it was the heartbeat), but as soon as I tried to move him to his bed, those eyes were WIDE open.

Things are great though!! We ventured out yesterday as the team was getting together for lunch and then we made a dash to Wal-Mart to grab a few "needs." He did great though!!

Eric is going to be staying home a few days this week to help me out with him. He is pretty easy right now to care for, but it is nice to get a little bit of sleep. After the long days in the NICU with Charlie, I could use a few naps to "catch up." We are also going to take advantage of the time and get things done around the house. Eric is going to do some yard work and I am going to finish going through Charlie's stuff and getting things organized. We will both be doing some DEEP cleaning as we have not done much with the house over the past month!!

1 comment:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Doctors!!!! Tell them to hurry it up. :)