Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Taking Time Off!!

Today was the last day that Eric would be staying home with Charlie and I. Eric took almost a week off from work when Charlie was born as we were both still in the hospital and there was ALOT going on with us both. He has taken the last three days off as well since we were able to bring Charlie home finally. He will be heading back to work tomorrow as Charlie is doing great and we have gotten alot of stuff done the past few days. With Charlie being on a pretty solid schedule now, we are doing really good. We are going to save his remaining days off for later in the summer as we would like to take a few trips.

I, on the other hand, will be staying home with Charlie for the next long while. After talking with my head coach (and looking at the extensive vacation/maternity time that I have), I am going to be taking a good deal of time off until August. I will be working from home like I did while on bedrest and still running our summer camps in June and July, but will do the majority of work from home. Because Charlie was nearly 2 months early, we do not want to put him in daycare until he is good and ready. Therefore, we decided that we are going to hold off until August as that is when he would have started had we gone full term with the pregnancy. I can honestly say that I am looking forward to being home with him. I feel really good so I can get up and do things and work while he is sleeping (which is almost ALWAYS). It will not be like when I was on bedrest and I had to stay on may back all day/night long.

Today, we had a photographer come over and take some pictures of us all ... mainly Charlie though. While we have gotten much better with taking pictures, I just wanted to make sure that we had photos to remember this experience by when Charlie is older. So, this photographer (Rebecca) will be coming every 3 months this first year and taking pictures of Charlie and our family. She was great and I can't wait to see the pictures. I will make sure and post the link on here so that you all can see the results. I got to see a few of the shots on her camera that she took of Charlie and I am so excited as they were great. Charlie did really good. He was awake for almost the entire hour and only spit up a few times!!

No comments: