Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Doing Great!!

Charlie ready for the party!!

It seems the past few weeks have been extremely busy, but I don't remember having THAT much to do!! Charlie and I trekked back to Illinois for the Memorial Day weekend. Upon our return, we hosted a baby shower for our friends Rance and Amy Holt. They are expecting their first baby (a boy!!) in July. We had a lot of fun putting that all together and are excited about Layton's impending arrival. We are hoping that Layton and Charlie become best buds as they grow bigger.
This past weekend, Charlie made his first trip to Church. We have put this off the past few weekends at the suggestion of our neonatologist as many people can't keep their hands off babies. And, with Charlie coming so early and being extra small, he thought it was best to give it a few more weeks to help build up the immune system. We have seen some tremendous changes in Charlie though over the past few weeks with regards to growth, so we were pretty comfortable venturing out. We were stopped on our way into Church by our pastor who had to get a look at the big guy!! Charlie did great. He seemed to enjoy it as he spent a good deal of time checking things out -- especially the different lights. I was a little nervous how he would respond to the music, but Charlie loved the organ!! We did have to feed him mid-way through the mass, but he was great. As I was burping him following his bottle, I kept hoping that he would not "BELCH" when it was really quiet. Eric, on the other hand, thought it would be great if he would "grace" the people with his noises!! On our way out, Charlie was grabbed from my hands by Fr. Mick!! I thought he just wanted to get another look, but he wanted to hold and love on. It was so sweet!!!

Home from Church!!

We don't have alot of plans for this weekend, except to do yardwork and RELAX! This is the last weekend I have until camp season begins. I wasn't really expecting to have to do all that much for camp once it started this year as I was supposed to have just given birth, but because Charlie came so early, I am back on board and will be directing it all again this year. I don't mind ... I just always stress a little bit as it is nerve-wracking having nearly 1000 young girls under you for a few weeks in June!! My mom is supposed to be coming out next week to help with Charlie. She will be staying for a few weeks then so I some help getting through the hard weeks of camp!!



No comments: