Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Making Plans ...


This week has been all about getting plans made. Plans for summer camp, plans for Charlie's baptism and plans for a vacation (yes, we are FINALLY taking vacation!!)

I really thought I would be able to take it easy with summer camp this year as I was "supposed" to have a baby last week. But, alas, Charlie arrived early, which allowed me to get back into the swing of things faster so once again, I will be directing all of the summer camps again this year. I seem to always stress myself out getting ready for them, but things always come toghether and they turn out to be successful. This time next week, I will be getting ready to open the doors for our Elite Camp check-in. Elite Camp will run June 12-14, Individual Camp June 22-25, Jayhawk Team Jamboree June 28 and Junior Jayhawk July 14-17. It feels like all of my summer revolves around camp as I am planning/running/wrapping up for most of June and July.

I am not allowing myself to stress out that much because I am still working to get my blood pressure down. I still am fighting high BP as a result of the HELLP syndrome, but it has gotten ALOT better. Today it was 129/73!!! Plus, having Charlie makes me realize there are much more important and serious things in life so there is no sense in stressing over something that will turn out just fine.

This week, I was also able to Charlie's baptism scheduled. He will be baptized in our Church on Sunday, June 29th. My sister, Theresa, and Eric's brother, Andy, will serve as his Godparents and will pledge to allows raise him Catholic and make sure that he is cared for should anything ever happen to Eric and I.

And, finally, we confirmed last night that we will be traveling to North and South Carolina this summer for vacation. We are going to be flying in and out of Raleigh and will spend 5 days in Myrtle Beach while we are there. We are excited because the Bibbs and the Moores have decided to trek along with us! It will be a blast spending time with them and being at the beach :) And, if that were not enough, the McCaslands are also traveling to see us in July (18-20). Evan has been here once before, but Kelly has yet to make it out so they are coming to stay with us for a few days and to meet Charlie. We are so very excited!!

I remember how the summer months used to last forever when I was little. Now, it seems there is something going on every weekend and the time just FLIES by!! I am not complaining though ... we have been very blessed!!


No comments: