Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, June 16, 2008

One week down!!

The first of my three "hell weeks" is over and done with. I was able to survive Elite Camp this past week and am proud to say that it went very well. I got a text message from our head coach late last night that said we got a commitment from a Texas kid yesterday so that made my day (that meant camp went really well.) My parents were here all week as well helping with Charlie and then with the camp store too. It was great to have them around and I love that they were able to spend time with Charlie.

Mom and dad headed home Saturday afternoon then once camp was over. They are trying to get their front yard re-landscaped so there is lots of work to do there. They will be heading back to KS though this coming weekend to help with camp and Charlie once again. We will have about 250 girls in next week (Sunday-Wednesday) so I will be busy and need their help. I will have two days to prep then for the Jamboree, which is on Saturday. We have about 50 teams coming in for that on June 28th so we will have nearly 600 HS girls on campus that day.

If that were not enough to do in one week, we are also going to have Charlie baptized that weekend. On Sunday, June 29th, Fr. Mick will baptize Charlie at Corpus Christi Catholic Church here in Lawrence. That is the church that I have been attending the last four years. Eric and I really enjoy Fr. Mick and are excited that he will be celebrating over Charlie's first sacrament. Our parents, as well as Charlie's godparents (my sister, Theresa and Eric's brother, Andy) will all be here to celebrate. I think that we will plan to have a lunch then here at the house for friends and other family. It should be fun.

Last, but not least, yesterday Eric was able to celebrate his first Father's Day!! It was pretty uneventful, but it was a nice relaxing day (something we don't have alot of lately). I feel bad as I didn't get Eric a "gift" for the day, but he did get his "daddy's chair" a few weeks ago, which was supposed to be his gift. I will take him down to the Plaza in KC to pick out some cigars from his favorite store. It has been a whirlwind few months, but it has been awesome. I am very lucky to have such a great daddy for Charlie!! I, myself, am also blessed to have a great dad (yeah, eat it up Bumpy!!). I enjoyed him being out here all week and love watching him with Charlie. I think those two will be good buddies in the coming years ;)

No comments: