Things tend to change when you least expect them to ... it is God's way of putting things into perspective.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!!

As tired and as stressed as I was last week, this weekend was WONDERFUL!!! The Jamboree was very successful (depsite a bus accident in the parking lot) and Charlie was baptized yesterday!!! It really was a great weekend and we are blessed that many people shared in the wonderful event.



After a L-O-N-G week of camp and long days, I was ready for Saturday to come and go. Everthing went really smooth throughout the week and I was lucky to have my parents here to help with Charlie so that I could make it through. I am glad they were able to help with camp, but I am even happier that they were able to spend some quality time with Charlie. They left late last night (after a cat nap) and they were definitely not ready to say good-bye to the Lil' Man. If it was not for the fact they were running out of gas as they sat on my driveway, they still might be out there saying good-bye to him. I had to keep a close eye on my mom and she was conspiring to take Charlie with her back to IL.



On Sunday, we all awoke early and got ready for Church. I knew I was going to be tired, but I was so excited that the day had come for Charlie to finally be baptized. It really was a great day and he did so good. He let out one good wail during the beginning part of the ceremony, but once the water was being poured over him, he was good to go. My sister, Theresa, and Eric's brother, Andy, will serve as Charlie's godparents. As his godparents, they have promised to always look after Charlie and to guide him in Christ's ways should anything happen to Eric and I.

Following the ceremony at Church, we headed home and had a cookout with all of the family and our friends. We had several people come over and enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs and all the good fixings that go along with it. By about 5 pm, Eric and I were knocked out in an afternoon nap. My parents also took a snooze before hitting the road back to IL. Andy, Jennifer and Eva (Eric's bother, sister-in-law and mother) got on the road shortly after 3 pm for their trek back to KY. It was such an awesome day and I am glad that they were able to take part in it.

I still have one more camp to run in July, but it will be rather easy considering what I have been dealing with over the past month. I am excited to be able to spend time at home again with Charlie. He will start day care the fifth of August so I am anxious to spend as much time with him as I can before I have to go back to work. As I sit here typing tonight, I am listening to the sound of his breathing through the monitor. We decided that tonight is the night!! Charlie has been put up in his own room and we are seeing how he will do in his own crib for the night. It is time to start weaning him out of our room (as much as it kills me)!!

No comments: